Covid-19 economic support measures
Greek Finance Minister Christos Staikouras is detailing the measures to support employees and businesses due to the total Covid-19 lockdown, announced earlier by PM Mitsotakis on Thursday.
Company employees whose work is suspended will have insurance contributions covered on a nominal basis.
The cost is 675m euros for November. The employees of the companies, until yesterday, when they entered a status of suspension, will receive for November 800 euros proportionally for the days of suspension. Additionally, they will receive the Christmas gift.
– For companies that are suspended, it is possible to suspend the payment of VAT for the month of November and the possibility of a payment in 12 installments.
– All unemployment benefits that expired in September, October, November are extended by two months.
– The added support to the long-term unemployed concerns those who acquired the status after April.
– Affected companies are entitled to a mandatory rent reduction of 40%. The same applies to the rents of citizens who are suspended from work, as well as to the rents of their children.
– The list of companies that enter the Refundable advance 4 is expanded, at a cost of 1 billion euros
– A new plan for the extension of payment of checks will be announced.
The additional measures are expected to cost 3.3 billion euros.
You may be interested
Coronavirus Greece: 1,606 new cases, 781 intubatedmakis - Apr 12, 2021
Greek authorities announced that the new laboratory-confirmed cases of coronavirus recorded in the last 24 hours are 1,606, of which…
US: There will be costs if Russia acts against UkrainePanos - Apr 12, 2021
U.S Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday said: “it would be a serious mistake” for China to strike at…
Kikilias: The plan is for vaccinations of healthy people in their 40s to begin in JunePanos - Apr 12, 2021
If everything goes according to plan and deliveries for the second quarter are made on time, vaccinations of healthy people…