Hellenic Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDCP) issues instructions for fire and smoke
The Hellenic Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDCP) issued a set of instructions and measures which citizens should follow to prevent inhalation of smoke from the fires:
– People should avoid areas where they are exposed to intense smoke.
– If it is not possible to leave the area, people should stay indoors as long as possible with proper air conditioning and keep the indoor air as clean as possible by avoiding smoking indoors and using vacuum cleaners
– If there is no smoke outside, people should ventilate the interiors to refresh the air by opening the windows.
Inhaling smoke in case of a fire – Protection instructions in case of fire
– Avoid outdoor activities as long as there is smoke.
– Avoid physical stress.
– Consume voluminous amounts of potable water and liquids, especially during periods of intense smoke.
– In the event of respiratory or cardiovascular symptoms that may be related to excessive exposure to smoke, such as persistent coughing, difficulty in breathing and/or wheezing, chest pain, tachycardia, nausea, unusual fatigue or dizziness, seek immediate Medical Assistance.
You may be interested
Turkey 6.8 earthquake – Reports of at least 4 casualtiesmakis - Jan 24, 2020
A magnitude earthquake 6.8 on the Richter scale has hit eastern Turkey, according to the European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre. The depth…
The places hardest to afford a home (infographic)Panos - Jan 24, 2020
Big cities like London or San Francisco are well-known for their expensive real estate markets. But there are also a…
PM Mitsotakis: No political solution in Libya without scrapping of Turkish-Libya dealPanos - Jan 24, 2020
“We will not ask Turkey what to do with East Med pipeline”, Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis told Harvard and Stanford…