Greece: Recruitments to the health sector and the Police as a priority
A large meeting under Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis took place Thursday evening in order to plan recruitments to the health sector and the Police.
The meeting was attended by the ministers of Economics Christos Staikouras, Public Safety Michalis Chrisochoidis, Health Vasilis Kikilias. The plan is the recruitment of the necessary personnel within the following six months.
The Prime Minister gave the following directions:
– The previously announced recruitment of 2.450 people by the Ministry of Health will go on as a priority.
– A total of 1.500 new police officers will reinforce the DIAS teams and will be used to rebuild the DELTA teams by the end of the year.
Meanwhile, as it became known, the Governmental Council for Foreign Affairs and Defense (KYSEA) meets on Friday in order to select the new Chief of the Hellenic Police.
More specifically, the issues that will be discussed will be:
1. Briefing from the Minister of Defense
2. Selection of Hellenic Police leadership
3. Briefing on the appointment of the Prime Minister’s National Security Adviser
You may be interested
Metropolitan Bishop Ambrosios of Kalavryta announces resignationPanos - Aug 19, 2019
Metropolitan Bishop Ambrosios of Kalavryta, performed the farewell function as the head of the Church of Kalavryta. Ambrosios officially announced…
Mykonos and Santorini record highest foreign visitor arrivals at airports in 2019Panos - Aug 19, 2019
Santorini and Mykonos recorded the highest number of airport arrivals from abroad, according to data released by the Hellenic Civil…
Italian tourist dies in jet ski accident in MykonosPanos - Aug 19, 2019
A tourist from Italy died when the jet ski he was driving overturned in the sea region of Super Paradise…