First Cabinet Meeting – “We’re changing the model of governance”
The first cabinet meeting of the new government was concluded with a 14-minute speech of the new PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
Mr. Mitsotakis pointed out the new model of government he wants to apply by saying that “we are changing the governance model”.
This is the first and only cabinet meeting that will take place in the Parliament as all the following will be taking place in the PM offices at Maximou Palace.
Mr. Mitsotakis outlined the 12 priorities of his government as follows:
2. Increase of the public property’s value
3. Safety at home, in the country and very soon there will be developments regarding the new leadership of the Hellenic Police
4. Social cohesion and solidarity with the weak
5. Education. “I will visit the Education Ministry on Thursday to discuss the bold plan for the education of the future in which teachers will play a key role”
6. Quality public health for all Greeks
7. A new social contract of state, workers & employers. We send a message across the country that we will not accept deviations from the application of the labor legislation
8. Regeneration of the middle class and reinforcement of its income
9. Environmental protection
10. A Modern digital state
11. A new model of culture & information for the public broadcaster
12. A strong Greece
You may be interested
Alternate Foreign Minister Varvitsiotis: Significant tension between Greece and Turkey if Hagia Sophia turned into MosquePanos - Jul 03, 2020
Α possible Turkish government’s decision turning Hagia Sophia into a mosque would signal a significant tension in the Greek-Turkish relations…
Greece: E-governance Min. Pierrakakis outlines digitization progress at online e-conferencePanos - Jul 03, 2020
Digital Governance Minister Kyriakos Pierrakakis outlined the key steps so far taken under the government’s digital transformation policy, while speaking…
Incoming flight passengers total 21.000 at Athens International on reopening day of all Greek airportsPanos - Jul 03, 2020
Some 21,100 passengers and 55 international flights arrived at Athens International Airport on July 1, the first day of the…