Greek Education Minister bans mobile phones at school
Greek Education Minister Kostas Gavroglou issued a circular banning the use of mobile phones and other devices with image and video manipulation and recording capabilities by students on school premises. The circular also bans the posting of photos and videos of students at the school on school websites.
The recommendations included in the circular are as follows:
1. Students will not be permitted to have mobile phones at school.
2. Students will not be allowed to possess other electronic devices or games that have an image and sound processing system on the school premises. Video and audio recording equivalent available to them at school during teaching hours will only be used under the supervision of the teacher.
3. Teachers, in addition to the available electronic devices (PCs, laptops, tablets, interactive boards, etc.), may also use their own personal electronic equipment during the course and for the purposes of teaching, but and within the framework of the educational process in general, in compliance with the safety rules and the relevant provisions on the protection of the personal data of pupils and teachers (Laws 2472/1997 (Government Gazette 50/1997) and 3471/2006 (Government Gazette 133 / A / 2006).
4. It should be noted that the posting of photos and videos with students on school sites should be avoided. Photographs are personal data, as defined in the provision of Article 2 of Law 2472/1997, in so far as the data subject can be identified directly or indirectly.
5. The use of safety cameras in classrooms during school operation is not allowed, according to the article any. C / A / 2274 / 31.3.2011 (Official Gazette 548 / Τ / Β / 7-4-2011) Directive of the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data, and in particular Article 18 paragraph 2.
You may be interested
New Covid-19 curfew maps – Who can move, why and when (alert maps)makis - Oct 23, 2020
Deputy Minister of Civil Protection Nikos Hardalias presented the plan for workers and those eligible to freely move by exception…
Mitsotakis: Masks everywhere & curfew at night in the “orange” & “red” areas of the countrymakis - Oct 22, 2020
The obligatory use of a mask everywhere was announced by the Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis as the first measure to…
Coronavirus Greece: Explosive rise with 865 new cases, 331 in Attica & 181 in Thessalonikimakis - Oct 21, 2020
The Greek authorities announced today 865 new cases of coronavirus in the country, of which 82 are associated with known…