Kinks: oral wins first place among Greeks!
What did the new research study conducted by the Andrology Institute of Athens reveal about the unspeakable passions of Greeks
Oral sex, pornographic videos, amateur pink videos sent via smartphones, sex in public or in cheap hotels, participation of onlookers, as well as the myth-busting of gay anal sex.
This new study of the Andrology Institute of Athens bares Greek lovers, revealing their most usual kinks in sex. Data collection from two thousand couples talking openly about their sex habits spanned over two years.
As regards the findings, Konstantinos Konstantinidis, MD, PSC, PhD, urologist – andrologist, President of International Andrology and of the Andrology Institute as well as Head of the Department of Sexual Health at Athens Medical Centre, notes the following:
“Nature equipped man with the ability to feel sexual arousal and pleasure, whether its purpose is reproduction or a mere body relief, known as orgasm. Shame, guilt and punishment do not deter physical pleasure, on the contrary, they often intensify it. Breaking the rules and disobeying prohibitions has proven over the centuries to intensify sexual pleasure, despite all those ethical commands used by religions and civilizations in their efforts to tame the acumen of Diotima of Mantinea”.
Certain sex kinks that modern psychiatry characterizes as “abnormalities”, are considered to be normal by the general population, according to a new study published by the Journal of Sex Research.
As the researchers discovered, four out of eight sexual behaviors presumed as “eccentric” were found to be neither rare nor unusual among the experiences and desires that men and women have.
“In total, about half of the volunteers (45.6%) showed an interest in at least one “abnormal” kink, while one in three (33%) had engaged in the said kink at least one time,” according to Professor Christian Joyal, one of the authors.
Despite the continuous and centuries old polemic unleashed by moralists regarding the sins of sexuality, humans still put all virtuous advice to question and follow their senses, which never obey to prohibitions and labels.
The aforementioned research carried out by the Andrology Institute further proves this point.
From Marquis de Sade to the Internet
Marquis de Sade believed that true happiness lies in the senses and that virtue does not satisfy any of them. Centuries have passed since then, and in the era of virtual communication Greeks fall in love and meet partners over the World Wide Web at previously unthinkable speed.
80% of the respondents who took part in the research study of the Andrology Institute, described masturbation, penile to vaginal contact and oral sex as their most usual sex habits.
“Until just a few years ago, masturbation was considered to be a deadly sin and a cause of brain damage. It is no coincidence that one the most commonly used Greek words means masturbator,” said Dr. Konstantinidis.
“Oral sex was considered as an activity to be performed by prostitutes, not legitimate wives. The only traditionally accepted sexual activity was vaginal intercourse, since it is the only one that serves the godly command “Be fruitful and multiply.”
40% of men engaged in active anal sex and 37% of women in passive. The famous “Greek style” was also a taboo for Orthodox Christians, for the reason that this pleasure is not linked to reproduction,” he added.
- Despite the stereotypes about gay men engaging exclusively in anal sex, 75% of the respondents prefer oral sex and masturbation over 36% who prefer anal sex.
- 75% of women and 25% of men wear sexy lingerie and underwear. “You admire a naked body as you do an ancient Greek statue, and a half-naked body wakes up the sinful sensations of human nature. The underwear industry knows that the sight of private parts of the body awakes desire,” according to the President of International Andrology and Andrology Institute.
- 55% of women and 65% of men exchange half-naked photos via the Internet.
- 60% of the participants enjoy reading sex stories.
- 40% enjoys having sex in public.
- 20% engage in role play, for instance, a couple pretends to be strangers who meet for the first time.
- 36% enjoys having sex in cheap hotels. “Vulgarizing the body and awakening the brain, people realized that the more you give in to your inner instincts, the more pleasure you get,” according to Dr. Konstantinos Konstantinidis.
- 40% likes to have onlookers. Sexual desire for the onlooking person appears to have such an effect on the brain that sends libido sky high.
- 36% enjoys BDSM and 30% enjoys power play, i.e. mild beating, slaps, bites etc.
- 60% of women and 80% of men watch pornography regularly.
- 10% of women and 18% of men have taken part in group sex.
- 13% of the respondents consented to be whipped. “Sex can be perceived as an exercise of power among partners. Punishment, physical pain and sacrifice can be an aphrodisiac elixir,” the expert highlighted.
- 10% enjoys swinging.
- 80% of the participants have used smart devices to record a video.
- 46% of men visit brothels.
- 50% of the unfaithful participants committed infidelity with someone close, such as the wife or the husband of a friend.
“If we tried to create a comprehensive map of the history of human sexuality, which would extend from the creation of man to de Sade’s “Boudoir Philosophy” and the American “Fifty Shades of Grey”, men and women often lead one righteous social life and one dark, secret and unspeakable sex life, even if it has been recorded on their smartphones.
We tend to criticize the habits of others, but not our own. When it comes to our neighbor, we judge what’s moral and immoral, or what’s sinful and virtuous, but we forget that we do exactly the same behind the closed doors of our home. Even if Don Quixote said that we should never judge the sins of others, if we have not looked to our own before,” concludes Dr. Konstantinidis.
You may be interested
Coronavirus Greece: 2,845 new cases, 165 intubated, 12 deathsmakis - Jul 30, 2021
Greek authorities announced that the new laboratory-confirmed cases of coronavirus recorded in the last 24 hours are 2,845, of which…
Coronavirus Greece: 2,696 new cases, 157 intubated, 9 deathsmakis - Jul 29, 2021
Greek authorities announced today that the new laboratory-confirmed cases of coronavirus recorded in the last 24 hours are 2,696, of…
Greek real estate market still strong despite Covid-19 pandemic, report showsPanos - Jul 29, 2021
The Greek real estate market is demonstrating resilience in 2020 despite the fact that the pandemic had an overall negative impact on the…