Greece receives six expressions of interest for gas grid operator DESFA
Greece received six expressions of interest for the sale of a 66% stake in state natural gas grid operator DESFA, the country’s privatization agency (HRADF) said in a press release on Monday.
The investor groups that responded to the tender are:
– Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Ltd
– A consortium of Italy’s Snam, Spain’s Enagas Internacional, Belgium’s Fluxys and Dutch-based Gasunie (the first three first companies are also shareholders in TAP)
– A consortium of Romanian state-owned Transgaz with France’s GRTgaz
– Spain’s Regasificadora del Noroeste
– The US’s Integrated Utility Services (INTUS)
– Qatar’s Powerglobe LLC
HRADF’s advisors will evaluate the above proposals and submit to the agency’s board their recommendation regarding the candidates that qualify for the next phase of the tender.
Commenting on the development, Environment and Energy ministry sources said the fact that among the interested investors are some of Europe’s biggest natural gas operators is “a vote of confidence for the next day of the Greek economy”.
You may be interested
Mitsotakis at the UN: I extended a hand of friendship to Erdogan and he responded with provocations & aggression (video)makis - Sep 25, 2020
The Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis addressed a speech at the 75th Session of the UN General Assembly where he…
Independent: Turkey is the biggest threat to Europe today, and the Greeks need our helpPanos - Sep 25, 2020
Later this week, EU leaders will meet to discuss their recovery plan. They will spend a few minutes on Brexit.…