Girl electrocuted after woman tries to tap into municipal power supply
An eight-year-old girl was being treated in Patra’s man hospital on Monday after suffering electrocution when she touched a makeshift electricity supply cable.
According to police in the western port, the cable had been made by a 49-year-old woman who had wanted to link her home to two municipal electricity pylons to get free power.
The girl, who had been at the spot when the woman was making the cable, touched it under circumstances that remained unclear and was electrocuted.
The girl’s life was said not to be in danger.
The woman was charged with grievous bodily harm and theft.
You may be interested
PM Mitsotakis cites Greek Constitution to back mandatory vaccinationsmakis - Jul 23, 2021
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis cited the Greek Constitution in response to those opposing mandatory Covid-19 vaccination during his meeting with…
Who Has Spent The Most Time In Space? (infographic)Panos - Jul 22, 2021
As Russia celebrates 60 years since Yuri Gagain became the first person to orbit the Earth, the state of space travel looks…
What Do Americans Think Of Famous Billionaires? (infographic)Panos - Jul 22, 2021
Hot on the heels of fellow billionaire Richard Branson, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is set to blast into space. He…