Sex: Does size matter? Yes it does, and it can get you into trouble!
The misconceived 13 cm and the 4 cm delusion…
Andrology Institute Athens reveals stunning data of latest survey
Measuring their manhood can get men into serious trouble, according to the 8-year long survey conducted by Andrology Institute Athens on a population of 3000 men and women. Penis size is of outmost importance, affecting the general appearance, sexual act, orgasm and partner satisfaction… More than 80% of the participants said that size does indeed matter when it comes to performance in bed. However, while the mean length of penis is 13 cm, most men and women are wrong to believe that normal penis size is 17 cm. How are we affected by such a delusion?
The survey was anonymous and conducted online. Findings were correlated with actual measurements performed on men who visited the Institute.
The majority of the survey participants admitted that a length of 17 cm is far better than 13 cm. Maybe this is why penile augmentation (lengthening and girth enhancement ) is the most popular elective procedure among men.
The data from the survey were announced during an event that took place at the new Sex Coaching department to launch by the Andrology Institute Athens, led by sex editor & dating coach Eirini Cheirdari. It is an innovative service that aims at helping those who, amidst the economic downturn, have left aside the benefits of sex and cannot always find a solution in problems affecting their sexual relations.
During the presentation of the survey’s outcome, Dr. Konstantinos Konstantinidis, President of Andrology Institute Athens explained that “the symbolism of the large phallus evolves around muscularity and manhood, just as breast size is linked with fertility and femininity in women. When asked if size affects sexual performance, more than 80% of the participants answered yes”.
Moreover, this difference measured in centimetres seems to push anxiety through the roof in the bedroom department, since, according to male participants, no matter their sex drive and performance, they still feared rejection. Most of them had no erection problems; nevertheless, they had confidence issues during their first encounters with their new lovers.
As to married men, they suspected their wives were looking down on them because they were lacking in size.
Also, both the survey conducted by Andrology Institute Athens and the recent international meta-analysis revealed that the myth is busted when it comes to shorter men and penis size, since most of the survey participants who were taller did have a larger penis.
It is also interesting that, although women said that they would not reject a man because of his penis size, most of them think that the “normal” mean length is 15-17 cm, when most men reach 13 cm. However, penis size has always played its part in self-confidence – or lack thereof- and, almost always, those lacking in size are most vulnerable to rejection. Porn movies are definitely to blame for this situation, since porn industry actors surely never fall within the accepted norm …
As to the major issue of whether penis size is affecting female orgasm, men said no – which is reasonable considering the average penis size – and women said yes.
“During a recent meta-analysis involving 15,000 cases, it was found that the two-centimetre difference from average (i.e. the 13 cm length) is what affects men who opt for penis enlargement” said Dr. Konstantinidis. “This difference preoccupies men who develop a dysmorphic disorder, i.e. a feeling of disability that can severely distress a man, tearing down his self-confidence”.
Men who develop the “small penis syndrome” could – from a psychological point of view – be evaluated for possible “penis envy” syndrome, i.e. envying what other, well-endowed men, have (in scientific terms, this is called sexual jealousy between men). In the context of society, this jealousy resembles social envy (being jealous of the neighbour’s bigger house, or friends’ larger cars etc).
12 reasons men want it “bigger”
1. Sexual jealousy and penis envy come from childhood. Many young boys tend to compare their penises.
2. In puberty, boys start to compare penis size in centimetres and this can lead to inner questions as there will always be a boy with a larger penis…
3. The terrified mum, who compares her two boys who may differ in size – my older son was different or my youngest seems to have a bigger penis…
4. Dad’s penis looks huge compared to the young boy’s penis…
5. First experiences with masturbation and the porn star’s appearance which is surely much more impressive.
6. First love affairs and comparisons with previous lovers…
7. Vibrators sold in sex shops – always size XXL, make men think that they are lacking in size.
8. Measuring the penis by looking at it from above: you cannot tell its actual length, particularly if you have belly fat.
9. The locker room syndrome: men naked in the same room where everyone can see who is the most endowed.
10. Body building can make the penis look small, since no training or exercise can make the body of the penis grow in size.
11. Homophobia. Men consider the large phallus as the ultimate sign of muscularity, admired not only by women but also by men. A man with a large penis is without doubt more of a man and therefore cannot be called a homosexual.
12. Male chauvinism, dominating society for so many years now across all civilisations, is banishing femininity as a passive attitude and a disadvantage while praising manhood. It identifies power and volume (great nations, great armies, where power prevails over justice).
You may be interested
Signatures for Line 4 of the Metro – Mitsotakis: The country is turning the page (videos)makis - Jun 22, 2021
The signatures for the biggest construction project that is taking place after Attiki Odos, fell tonight in Galatsi, where in…
Greece: Intelligence Services arrest 3 Turks with fake Interpol IDs trafficking illegal immigrants to EuropePanos - Jun 22, 2021
They were moving around in the center of Athens with Interpol IDs. They spoke five languages, had thousands of euros…
Greece: A single-engine plane crashed in the village of Charia in Ilia – Two deadPanos - Jun 22, 2021
A tragic accident took place in Haria in Ilia on Monday afternoon, when a private plane that had taken off…