Greece cannot confirm nor deny that migrants sent back from FYROM
Greece’s deputy defense minister said on Tuesday he could not confirm nor deny whether migrants who left a Greek transit camp and crossed into the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) on Monday had been returned back to Greece.
“What I know is that any procedure will take place via the usual diplomatic means,” Dimitris Vitsas told Greek TV when asked to comment on a Reuters report saying about 600 migrants had been sent back to Greece on Monday or overnight.
“I’m not aware of anything further in order to confirm or deny this,” said Vitsas, who heads a special ministerial committee to manage the refugee crisis.
You may be interested
Coronavirus Greece: 2,845 new cases, 165 intubated, 12 deathsmakis - Jul 30, 2021
Greek authorities announced that the new laboratory-confirmed cases of coronavirus recorded in the last 24 hours are 2,845, of which…
Coronavirus Greece: 2,696 new cases, 157 intubated, 9 deathsmakis - Jul 29, 2021
Greek authorities announced today that the new laboratory-confirmed cases of coronavirus recorded in the last 24 hours are 2,696, of…
Greek real estate market still strong despite Covid-19 pandemic, report showsPanos - Jul 29, 2021
The Greek real estate market is demonstrating resilience in 2020 despite the fact that the pandemic had an overall negative impact on the…