Gov’t examines seven scenarios on pension cuts
The Ministry of Labor examines seven alternative scenarios on pension and benefit cuts in order to persuaded the representatives of the institutions to return to Athens.
Government sources admit that there is a difference in fiscal gap with the IMF, but they are optimistic that they will reach an agreement, if Greece implements pension cuts.
The seven scenarios are the following:
1. Primary pensions cuts
2. Cuts in new pensions, but also in those already paid via recalculation
3. Reducing the maximum ceiling for the total amount of pensions (double main pensions + widow’s pension +supplementary pension) from 3,000, as Katrougalos law provided, to 2,300-2,500 euros.
4. Reducing the national pension of 384 euros to 320 euros
5. Supplementary pensions cuts
6. Reducing lump-sum up to 20%
7. Reducing dividends of the Civil Servants Share Fund received by 280,000 beneficiaries
You may be interested
US: There will be costs if Russia acts against UkrainePanos - Apr 12, 2021
U.S Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday said: “it would be a serious mistake” for China to strike at…
Kikilias: The plan is for vaccinations of healthy people in their 40s to begin in JunePanos - Apr 12, 2021
If everything goes according to plan and deliveries for the second quarter are made on time, vaccinations of healthy people…