Provocative Turkish Navtex demand demilitarisation of 4 Greek islands
Turkey continues on the path of provocations, as it issued two anti-Navtex notices accusing Greece of violating the demilitarisation status of four Aegean islands.
The Navtex demands the demilitarisation of four Greek islands, Samothrace, Lemnos, Chios, and Samos.
The two Navtex from the Smyrna (Izmir) naval station report:
TURNHOS N/W : 1398/20 (İzmir NAVTEX Station) (Published Date: 10-11-2020 19:24)
TURNHOS N/W : 1398/20
1. NAVTEX MESSAGE NUMBER LA41-236/20 IS A VIOLATION OF DEMILITARIZED STATUS OF SEMOTHRACE AND LEMNOS (LIMNOS) ISLANDS SET BY THE 1923 LAUSANNE PEACE TREATY.
2. ADDITIONALLY, SOME PART OF THE AREA MENTIONED IN LA41-236/20 OVERLAPS WITH İZMİR TURK RADIO NAVTEX NR. IA11-0032/20 MESSAGE.
3. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 111100Z NOV 20.
TURNHOS N/W : 1397/20 (İzmir NAVTEX Station) (Published Date: 10-11-2020 19:24)
TURNHOS N/W : 1397/20
1. NAVTEX MESSAGE NUMBERS LA42-237/20 AND HA67-673/20 ARE THE VIOLATION OF DEMILITARIZED STATUS OF CHIOS AND SAMOS ISLANDS SET BY THE 1923 LAUSANNE PEACE TREATY.
2. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 111100Z NOV 20.
You may be interested
Teleworking in Greece extended until December 31stPanos - Nov 30, 2020
Teleworking for businesses able to implement distance working due to Covid-19 has been extended until December 31st, Greek authorities have decided. The…
PM Mitsotakis: Covid-19 vaccine free for the publicPanos - Nov 30, 2020
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis said that the Covid-19 vaccine would be given to the public free of charge during his…
Impressive joint Geek-Egyptian navy exercise sends message (photos)Panos - Nov 30, 2020
The Greek and Egyptian navies conducted joint exercises on Saturday in the wider sea area south of Karpathos. The PASSEX…