Deputy Minister of Civil Protection Hardalias says no plans for new lockdown
The Deputy Minister of Civil Protection, Nikos Hardalias, briefed the press corp on Tuesday about the operational developments regarding the course of the coronavirus epidemic.
Over the last 19 days, 13.9% of those who came to Greece by any means were checked, with 295 cases being imported from abroad.
As Mr. Hardalias said, the first 5 countries in imported cases were Serbia with 78, Bulgaria with 63, Romania with 61, Albania with 23, and the USA with 6. Specifically, out of the total of 295 imported cases, “76% are from the four Balkan countries”.
Taking stock of the current situation, Mr. Hardalias said that until Sunday:
-4,007 cases have been recorded
– of these 435 are currently active, 1030 have been discharged, 2347 have recovered from their home, 195, unfortunately, did not make it
Especially when it comes to border control, Nikos Hardalias announced that in the first 3 weeks:
– 918032 people arrived in Greece
– 620652 have arrived by air
– The 48720 by boat
– The 248660 by road
– 127,000 tests were performed, which means that 13.9% of those who came were checked
– the confirmed cases are 295: At the airports, we had 105 in ports 4 and land borders 186.
You may be interested
Accidental experiment solves Century-old Chemistry problemPanos - Feb 24, 2021
Researchers in Uppsala, Sweden accidentally left a chemistry experiment running over a long weekend. When they returned to the lab,…
ABTA: Greece among the five most popular destinations for 2021Panos - Feb 24, 2021
Greece is among the top 5 most popular destinations for holidaymakers, according to booking trends by Travel Association ABTA. Travel Association…