Coronavirus Greece: Special purpose leaves with for working parents
The introduction of a fully-paid special purpose leave of absence for as long as schools are suspended until April 10 has been announced by the government spokesman Stelios Petsas as part of the measures decided to address the coronavirus crisis.
According to Mr. Petsas, the Legislative Act provides for every 4 days of leave 3 to be of special purpose and one as a regular leave.
– Regarding special purpose leave of public sector employees, the State will cover all wages.
– For private sector workers, the state will cover 1/3 of its regular salary, but this is dynamic and can change.
– If one parent takes a special purpose leave, the other is not entitled to take one.
– If one parent is not working, the other is not entitled to a special purpose leave with the exception of patients with coronavirus or persons with disabilities.
– Public sector workers are provided with flexible working hours where possible.
– For private sector workers, the business can offer flexible working hours or work from home.
Mr. Petsas stated that, “2020 will be a different year than we anticipated. Emergency requirements to stimulate liquidity and protect employment need to be excluded from the European framework for fiscal rules”.
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis is expected to address the nation and set the general framework for dealing with the coronavirus crisis.
At 5 pm the Prime Minister will have a meeting with the leadership of the Shipping Ministry with a focus on the ferry connection to Italy.
You may be interested
The first Aegean Hawk S-70 helicopter was delivered to the Hellenic Navy by AeroservicesPanos - May 07, 2021
The first upgraded Aegean Hawk S-70 helicopter was delivered to the Hellenic Navy today, Thursday 6 May. The work on…
Foreigners looking to buy Greek property amid Covid-19 pandemicPanos - May 07, 2021
Despite the pandemic, the demand for a permanent holiday home in selected destinations in Greece by foreigners is on the…
Greek Taxisnet services not available for citizens over weekendPanos - May 07, 2021
Online services on the Taxisnet platform system will not be available to taxpayers over the weekend due to scheduled upgrading.…