Toxic gas leak kills 5, sickens dozens in Karachi port city
The reason why people suddenly died near ancient Greek “Portal to Hell”
A toxic gas leak killed five people and sickened dozens of others in a coastal residential area in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi, police said Monday.
The source of the leak, which occurred on Sunday night, and the type of gas that had leaked were not immediately known. There was no suspicion of sabotage.
Authorities said they became aware of the incident when people in the Karachi neighborhood of Kamari, which is close to the main port where incoming ships anchor, suddenly started rushing to the area’s hospitals with severe breathing problems overnight, police chief Adil Malik told reporters. On Monday, officials were still trying to determine where the gas leak started and what caused it.
You may be interested
Coronavirus poll: 50% Greeks believe they will contract the virusPanos - Apr 02, 2020
A nationwide survey revealed that 50% of Greeks believed they would be infected with the coronavirus. According to a poll…
Coronavirus stokes tensions between Erdogan and ImamogluPanos - Apr 02, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic has rekindled rivalry in Turkey between President Tayyip Erdogan and Istanbul’s opposition mayor, with disputes over fundraising…
PM Mitsotakis: April will be a crucial month, if necessary, restrictions will be made tighterPanos - Apr 02, 2020
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis on Wednesday chaired a government video conference on the “Help at Home” programme for the support…