Hellenic Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDCP) issues instructions for fire and smoke
The Hellenic Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDCP) issued a set of instructions and measures which citizens should follow to prevent inhalation of smoke from the fires:
– People should avoid areas where they are exposed to intense smoke.
– If it is not possible to leave the area, people should stay indoors as long as possible with proper air conditioning and keep the indoor air as clean as possible by avoiding smoking indoors and using vacuum cleaners
– If there is no smoke outside, people should ventilate the interiors to refresh the air by opening the windows.
Inhaling smoke in case of a fire – Protection instructions in case of fire
– Avoid outdoor activities as long as there is smoke.
– Avoid physical stress.
– Consume voluminous amounts of potable water and liquids, especially during periods of intense smoke.
– In the event of respiratory or cardiovascular symptoms that may be related to excessive exposure to smoke, such as persistent coughing, difficulty in breathing and/or wheezing, chest pain, tachycardia, nausea, unusual fatigue or dizziness, seek immediate Medical Assistance.
You may be interested
Athens expects positive post-bailout economic reviewPanos - Feb 27, 2020
Greece’s international creditors are expected to publish their report on the Greek economy as part of the fifth post-bailout review…
Kostas Voutsas’s funeral will take place FridayPanos - Feb 27, 2020
The funeral service of popular Greek actor Kostas Voutsas, who died on Wednesday at the age of 88, will be…
Government withdraws anti-riot forces from Chios & LesvosPanos - Feb 27, 2020
Anti-riot police forces are expected to withdraw from Lesvos and Chios on Thursday morning as the situation is out of…