DryShips announces full acquisition Heidmar tanker pool operator

10 June 2019
420 Views

DryShips on Monday announced the acquisition Heidmar Inc., a global tanker pool operator, acquiring 100-percent of the latter’s shares.

Prior to the transaction, DryShips indirectly owned approximately 49.8 percent of Heidmar. As part of the transaction, DryShips acquired the remaining 50.2 percent of Heidmar, which was held by other unaffiliated entities, for an aggregate consideration of approximately 17 million USD, according to a press release by the company.

“We are excited to complete the acquisition of 100% of Heidmar and to simplify its ownership structure that will allow us to develop Heidmar to its full potential as an independent business line,” DryShips chairman and CEO George Economou said afterwards.

According to profile, DryShips is a diversified owner and operator of ocean-going cargo vessels that operate worldwide. As of June 2019, the company operates a fleet of 32 vessels comprised of six Panamax drybulk vessels; nine Newcastlemax drybulk vessels; five Kamsarmax drybulk vessels; one VLCC; three Aframax tankers; two Suezmax tankers; and six offshore support vessels, including two platform supply and four oil spill recovery vessels.

You may be interested

Thousands of refugees and illegal immigrants to be removed from apartments and hotels in Greece
GREECE
shares51 views
GREECE
shares51 views

Thousands of refugees and illegal immigrants to be removed from apartments and hotels in Greece

makis - May 29, 2020

The Migration and Asylum Ministry announced the start of the operation on June 1, of the eviction of both legitimate…

Muslims to pray in front of Hagia Sophia to put pressure to revert historic site into a Mosque
SLIDE
shares66 views
SLIDE
shares66 views

Muslims to pray in front of Hagia Sophia to put pressure to revert historic site into a Mosque

makis - May 28, 2020

Muslim mosques in Turkey will be reopening from tomorrow, Friday, the day of the fall of Constantinople (Istanbul), with the…

Athens Open Air Film Festival promises unforgettable nights to movie lovers
ART
shares66 views
ART
shares66 views

Athens Open Air Film Festival promises unforgettable nights to movie lovers

Panos - May 28, 2020

The Athens Open Air Film Festival promises movie goers unforgettable cinematic experiences as the summer event organised for the tenth…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.