Greek Education Minister bans mobile phones at school
Greek Education Minister Kostas Gavroglou issued a circular banning the use of mobile phones and other devices with image and video manipulation and recording capabilities by students on school premises. The circular also bans the posting of photos and videos of students at the school on school websites.
The recommendations included in the circular are as follows:
1. Students will not be permitted to have mobile phones at school.
2. Students will not be allowed to possess other electronic devices or games that have an image and sound processing system on the school premises. Video and audio recording equivalent available to them at school during teaching hours will only be used under the supervision of the teacher.
3. Teachers, in addition to the available electronic devices (PCs, laptops, tablets, interactive boards, etc.), may also use their own personal electronic equipment during the course and for the purposes of teaching, but and within the framework of the educational process in general, in compliance with the safety rules and the relevant provisions on the protection of the personal data of pupils and teachers (Laws 2472/1997 (Government Gazette 50/1997) and 3471/2006 (Government Gazette 133 / A / 2006).
4. It should be noted that the posting of photos and videos with students on school sites should be avoided. Photographs are personal data, as defined in the provision of Article 2 of Law 2472/1997, in so far as the data subject can be identified directly or indirectly.
5. The use of safety cameras in classrooms during school operation is not allowed, according to the article any. C / A / 2274 / 31.3.2011 (Official Gazette 548 / Τ / Β / 7-4-2011) Directive of the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data, and in particular Article 18 paragraph 2.
You may be interested
Zoran Zaev: We will enter the EU as ‘Macedonians’ with our ‘Macedonian’ languagemakis - Dec 01, 2020
The Prime Minister of North Macedonia, Zoran Zaev appeared confident his country would enter the EU with the name “Macedonia”…
Greek Resort named top “World’s Leading Luxury Green Resort”Panos - Dec 01, 2020
Sani Resort in Kassandra, Halkidiki gained the top spot as the “World’s Leading Luxury Green Resort” at the World Travel…
Greeks pay over half a million euros in Covid-19 fines in a dayPanos - Dec 01, 2020
Greeks were fined a total of over half a million Euros for violating Covid-19 measures following intensive police inspections on…