Greece receives six expressions of interest for gas grid operator DESFA
Greece received six expressions of interest for the sale of a 66% stake in state natural gas grid operator DESFA, the country’s privatization agency (HRADF) said in a press release on Monday.
The investor groups that responded to the tender are:
– Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Ltd
– A consortium of Italy’s Snam, Spain’s Enagas Internacional, Belgium’s Fluxys and Dutch-based Gasunie (the first three first companies are also shareholders in TAP)
– A consortium of Romanian state-owned Transgaz with France’s GRTgaz
– Spain’s Regasificadora del Noroeste
– The US’s Integrated Utility Services (INTUS)
– Qatar’s Powerglobe LLC
HRADF’s advisors will evaluate the above proposals and submit to the agency’s board their recommendation regarding the candidates that qualify for the next phase of the tender.
Commenting on the development, Environment and Energy ministry sources said the fact that among the interested investors are some of Europe’s biggest natural gas operators is “a vote of confidence for the next day of the Greek economy”.
You may be interested
Regling: “We are ready to ease the Greek debt”makis - Feb 23, 2018
Technical work has begun to determine whether Greece will need a debt relief after an expected exit from the rescue…
Turkey threatens violence against Italian drill ship anew in Cyprus!makis - Feb 23, 2018
Turkey continued its belligerent stance off the coast of Cyprus on Friday, as it openly threatened violence against the Italian…
Greek PM Tsipras met with German Chancellor Merkel on EU Summit sidelinesmakis - Feb 23, 2018
Greek PM Alexis Tsipras met with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the sidelines of the Brussels EU Summit, Thursday. According…