Greece receives six expressions of interest for gas grid operator DESFA
Greece received six expressions of interest for the sale of a 66% stake in state natural gas grid operator DESFA, the country’s privatization agency (HRADF) said in a press release on Monday.
The investor groups that responded to the tender are:
– Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Ltd
– A consortium of Italy’s Snam, Spain’s Enagas Internacional, Belgium’s Fluxys and Dutch-based Gasunie (the first three first companies are also shareholders in TAP)
– A consortium of Romanian state-owned Transgaz with France’s GRTgaz
– Spain’s Regasificadora del Noroeste
– The US’s Integrated Utility Services (INTUS)
– Qatar’s Powerglobe LLC
HRADF’s advisors will evaluate the above proposals and submit to the agency’s board their recommendation regarding the candidates that qualify for the next phase of the tender.
Commenting on the development, Environment and Energy ministry sources said the fact that among the interested investors are some of Europe’s biggest natural gas operators is “a vote of confidence for the next day of the Greek economy”.
You may be interested
The miracle berry that fueled Alexander & his Macedonian Army’s conquestsmakis - Jul 20, 2018
Scientists say that a superfood berry was widely consumed by Alexander the Great and his Macedonian army as they set…
14 injured in northern German city after knife attackmakis - Jul 20, 2018
A man has reportedly used a knife on a bus and injured at least 14 more people injured after a…
Greek Ambassador to Russia summoned by Russian Foreign Ministry over expulsion of Russian diplomatsmakis - Jul 20, 2018
Diplomatic relations between Greece and Russia reached a new low, as the Russian Foreign Ministry summoned the Greek Ambassador to…