Who were the London Bridge terror attackers who massacred seven people and injured dozens in attack?
Three men wearing fake suicide bomb vests struck at the heart of the capital after driving a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing bystanders in a bloody rampage.
In an attack lasting little over eight minutes, the gang allegedly screamed “this is for Allah” before killing seven and injuring up to 48 people.
All three were shot dead by armed cops.
Here’s everything we know about the London Bridge terrorists so far…
Where were they from?
The attackers are believed to be from Barking, east London, while Gardai, Irish Police, revealed one of the three had an Irish ID card.
According to neighbours, one of the dead attackers lived there for about three years and was married with two children.
He was described as being “well liked” by neighbours.
People living in King Road were awoken on Sunday morning by armed police raiding a block of flats in connection with the atrocity.
Armed police swooped on the property at around 7am this morning and it is believed that four men were arrested – while a woman was taken away in an ambulance.
Police are still currently on the scene and for the past hour builders have been erecting scaffolding at the back of a ground floor flat.
Around 50 residents gathered outside the block, watching the scaffolding being erected.
Who is ‘Abs’ the Arsenal fan?
A harrowing image of a dead terrorist was seen to be wearing a blue 2011/12 Arsenal away shirt under a fake suicide bomber vest.
One local, who asked not to be named, said he’d seen one of the dead killers wearing an Arsenal shirt earlier on Sunday.
He said: “I looked on Twitter and saw one of the terrorists who had been shot by police and he looked 90 per cent like my neighbour – he was even wearing the same Arsenal shirt that I had seen him in at 5pm that evening.”
The man wearing the football shirt is named locally as “Abs”.
He was said to have often hosted barbecues and bought sweets for local children.
Reported to be the the ‘ringleader’ of the attacker, he had previously taken part in a Channel 4 documentary about jihadis in the UK last year.
In 2016, he appeared in the documentary alongside a notorious preacher as they prayed to an Islamic State flag in a London park.
According to The Sun, his sister was held by police following an operation in East Ham.
Her husband said: “My wife was taken away by the police. I don’t know anything.
“We haven’t been told what’s going on. We just want ti grieve in peace.”
It is also reported the wife of ‘Abs’ had recently given birth to their second child.
One neighbour, who had seen the man in the local mosque on a number of occasions, said: ‘It is definitely him.
“I cannot understand why he would do something like this. He has a toddler and a baby, it’s madness.”
One suspect was ‘polite and normal’
On resident said: “He lived there for about three years and would often have barbecues and would play football with the kids in the street.
“Whenever it was sunny he would come out and buy ice creams for the children.
“I cannot believe that it is him.”
Sharmine Thomas, 50, added: “He used to help me with my shopping.
“He was a lovely guy.”
Several residents also pointed to a small red Peugeot 1007 car and identified it as belonging to ‘Abs’.
A small baby car seat can be seen in the back.
Did the attackers use a Hertz hire van to carry out the atrocity?
Another neighbour in Barking said one of the attackers, a man believed to be of Pakistani origin, had recently asked him where he could hire a van.
Ken Chigbo told Sky News that he quizzed him about the van he was using to move house and where he could get one for himself.
Chigbo, who spoke with the attacker on Saturday, said: “We were having a general conversation because I am in the process of moving house at the moment.
“I had a big van up here and he came up to me and said, ‘Oh, Ken, you are moving’. He was usually a really nice, friendly guy but this time it was on a different level of nice.
“It was quite strange and hard to put into words.
You may be interested
The “Game of Thrones” Peloponnese-style!Panos - Jun 27, 2017
Eight must-see castles in the most underrated Greek destination METHONI, MESSINIA One of Greece’s most impressive castles, Methoni Castle, was…
Wicklow teen who drowned in Crete named locally as Laura DempseyPanos - Jun 27, 2017
An Irish schoolgirl who drowned in a swimming pool in Crete has been named locally as Laura Dempsey. The 15-year-old…
Greece responds harshly to irredentist claims by AlbaniaPanos - Jun 27, 2017
The Greek Foreign Ministry issued a harsh statement condemning the actions of Albanian authorities to showcase rocks from neighbouring countries…