Multifunctional Center of Refugees of Hellenic Red Cross
Τhe Multifunctional Center of Refugees of Hellenic Red Cross has been moved in a new building at Kapodistriou 2 since the 1st of April 2017. The MFC aims to provide psychosocial support to refugees and migrants in order to have their needs met and be integrated in the Greek society. Our actions are supported by the Danish Red Cross as a part of the Emergency Appeal Service that H.R.C. is running in collaboration with the International Federation RC/RC funded by DG ECHO/European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operation of ECHO.
The MFC focuses on the following services:
• General awareness of the rights, legal procedures and other services available to migrants through internet connection and documents translated in their mother tongue.
• A safe social space for both adults and children, in order to interact each other, promote parenting skills and have the opportunity for normal child development.
• A Migrant Advice Service Bureau, that focuses on the awareness and understanding of legal procedures.
• A Social Welfare Service, in order to assist those beneficiaries, want more specific referral for housing, medical requests and food or non-food items.
• A psychological support service, that offers individual, family or group support for refugees.
• A telephone and internet information service (hotline), that provides migrants with information about rights and services in their mother language.
• Greek & English courses, to increase the ability of the migrants to cope their current situation by improving their ability to understand and communicate in the 2 major languages in Athens.
• After school homework assistance, for migrant children already attending public school.
You may be interested
Longest Balkan railway tunnel opens in Greece (VIDEO)makis - Feb 20, 2018
The longest tunnel in Greece and the Balkans was finally opened to rail traffic this week after years of construction.…
Turkey renews the NAVTEX that blocks the drillings in the Cypriot EEZ!makis - Feb 20, 2018
The illegal NAVTEX in the sea area of Block 3 in the Cypriot EEZ has been renewed by the Turkish…
Is Italian ENI drilling ship abandoning Cyprus after Turkish aggression?makis - Feb 20, 2018
The SAIPEM 12000 drilling ship from Italian energy company ENI is preparing to depart the “Supa” target in sea block…