Multifunctional Center of Refugees of Hellenic Red Cross
Τhe Multifunctional Center of Refugees of Hellenic Red Cross has been moved in a new building at Kapodistriou 2 since the 1st of April 2017. The MFC aims to provide psychosocial support to refugees and migrants in order to have their needs met and be integrated in the Greek society. Our actions are supported by the Danish Red Cross as a part of the Emergency Appeal Service that H.R.C. is running in collaboration with the International Federation RC/RC funded by DG ECHO/European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operation of ECHO.
The MFC focuses on the following services:
• General awareness of the rights, legal procedures and other services available to migrants through internet connection and documents translated in their mother tongue.
• A safe social space for both adults and children, in order to interact each other, promote parenting skills and have the opportunity for normal child development.
• A Migrant Advice Service Bureau, that focuses on the awareness and understanding of legal procedures.
• A Social Welfare Service, in order to assist those beneficiaries, want more specific referral for housing, medical requests and food or non-food items.
• A psychological support service, that offers individual, family or group support for refugees.
• A telephone and internet information service (hotline), that provides migrants with information about rights and services in their mother language.
• Greek & English courses, to increase the ability of the migrants to cope their current situation by improving their ability to understand and communicate in the 2 major languages in Athens.
• After school homework assistance, for migrant children already attending public school.
You may be interested
Beauty and myth in Corinthia’s Trikala, where the Greek Gods and mountains beckonPanos - Jun 19, 2018
Spas, resorts, and a ski centre offer year-round appeal on a mythical mountain where Hermes was born and Zeus enjoyed…
Greece is more than just the islandsPanos - Jun 19, 2018
Despite the fact that globally, the Greek islands are considered a leading tourist destination that guarantee warm weather, legendary natural…
Greek Orthodox Priests appeal to Supreme Court against new RFID-chip IDsPanos - Jun 19, 2018
Four priests and two lawyers have appealed to Greece’s supreme administrative court, the Council of State (CoS), for the scrapping…