Kotzias rejects claims ministry was misled by erroneous report

19 October 2016
8 Views

Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias on Wednesday brushed aside allegations that his ministry had been misled by unfounded media reports that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had called for a referendum in “Western Thrace.”

In comments made to Sto Kokkino radio Wednesday, Kotzias rejected the allegations as “ludicrous,” adding that ministry officials were closely following the neighboring country’s official websites.

On Monday, the Athens-Macedonian News Agency said it had sacked its Turkey correspondent after he erroneously reported Erdogan had called for a referendum to be held by Thrace’s Muslim minority.

You may be interested

Retail sales rise 9.6 pct in February
FINANCE
shares38 views
FINANCE
shares38 views

Retail sales rise 9.6 pct in February

makis - Apr 28, 2017

Greek retail sales by volume rose 9.6 percent in February compared to the same month a year ago after a…

Property owners up against wall
FINANCE
shares45 views
FINANCE
shares45 views

Property owners up against wall

makis - Apr 28, 2017

Apartment owners in central Athens and other parts of the Greek capital are ready to make the most of the…

Dog attack on Crete leaves two men hospitalized
GREECE
shares44 views
GREECE
shares44 views

Dog attack on Crete leaves two men hospitalized

makis - Apr 28, 2017

Two men were hospitalized on the island of Crete after being mauled by a pit bull, local reports said on…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.