Excavations for Ben start on Kos
British police start excavations on Monday on Kos island, following a new clue that the body of two-year-old Ben Needham, who disappeared in 1991, might be buried there.
The latest theory regarding the disappearance of the British boy says that he died in a construction accident. Earlier in September, police informed Ben’s mother, Kerry Needham, that a man from Kos had said that Konstantinos Barkas, a digger operator (by now deceased), had told him that the boy had died in an accident, and that he had covered the body up.
A team of British police will dig in two sites where they presume the boy’s remains lay. The first excavation is expected to last 10-12 days.
Ben Needham disappeared on 24 July 1991 at the age of 21 months from Kos. His mother was working at a hotel and he was in the care of his grandparents the morning he disappeared. For 25 years his family has been searching for him as at least 300 alleged sightings of “the blonde boy” at different presumed stages of his life have been reported, on Greek islands and the mainland.
You may be interested
The full IMF programme for Greecemakis - Jul 21, 2017
The IMF published its new programme on Greece on Thursday, which was approved on principle by the organisation’s board of…
President Pavlopoulos extends support to Kos Mayormakis - Jul 21, 2017
The President of the Hellenic Republic, Prokopis Pavlopoulos expressed his deepest sorrow for the victims of the Kos earthquake in…
Kos earthquake: Turkish victim identified as Sinan Kurtoglumakis - Jul 21, 2017
The name of the Turkish national killed in the earthquake on the island of Kos is Sinan Kurtoglu. According to…