British tourist in intensive care after suspected poisoning from spiked drinks

5 September 2016
197 Views

A 20-year-old British tourist, identified as Hannah Powell, was being treated in a hospital in Patra, in western Greece, after consuming spiked drinks that caused her blindness and kidney failure, according to reports.

Powell remained in intensive care a week since her collapse after partying with friends in the Laganas resort on the Ioanian island of Zakinthos, reports said.

She is believed to have suffered methanol poisoning from cheap alcohol added to her drinks.

It is uncertain whether her eyesight or kidneys will fully return to normal.

Authorities have carried out an inspection at the bar where the incident occured.

You may be interested

Turkish deputy-Prime Minister accuses Greece of oppressing religious minorities in latest Turkish tirade against Greece
GREECE
shares43 views
GREECE
shares43 views

Turkish deputy-Prime Minister accuses Greece of oppressing religious minorities in latest Turkish tirade against Greece

makis - Nov 17, 2017

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag accused Greece of imprisoning Muslim Imams, despite the country being a member of the…

Greek PM says country would rely on itself to face flood disaster
POLITICS
shares49 views
POLITICS
shares49 views

Greek PM says country would rely on itself to face flood disaster

makis - Nov 17, 2017

Greek PM Alexis Tsipras thanked European countries for offering to help after the flash floods in western Attica, Wednesday, which…

US meteorologist explains deadly storm that flooded Greek towns
GREECE
shares72 views
GREECE
shares72 views

US meteorologist explains deadly storm that flooded Greek towns

makis - Nov 17, 2017

“When the Atlantic hurricane season begins to quiet down in late October and November, it’s time to cast an eye…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.