Gov’t examines seven scenarios on pension cuts
The Ministry of Labor examines seven alternative scenarios on pension and benefit cuts in order to persuaded the representatives of the institutions to return to Athens.
Government sources admit that there is a difference in fiscal gap with the IMF, but they are optimistic that they will reach an agreement, if Greece implements pension cuts.
The seven scenarios are the following:
1. Primary pensions cuts
2. Cuts in new pensions, but also in those already paid via recalculation
3. Reducing the maximum ceiling for the total amount of pensions (double main pensions + widow’s pension +supplementary pension) from 3,000, as Katrougalos law provided, to 2,300-2,500 euros.
4. Reducing the national pension of 384 euros to 320 euros
5. Supplementary pensions cuts
6. Reducing lump-sum up to 20%
7. Reducing dividends of the Civil Servants Share Fund received by 280,000 beneficiaries
You may be interested
Poll: Germans divided on Greek debt reductionmakis - May 24, 2017
German citizens appear divided on whether Greece should receive any debt relief, according to a poll published in newspaper ‘Die…
173 more migrants land on Greek islandsmakis - May 24, 2017
173 more illegal migrants crossed into Greece in the past 3 days. The majority (115) landed on the island of…
Violent clashes bewteen masked youth and University students break outmakis - May 24, 2017
Violent clashes broke out between masked youth and university students affiliated to New Democracy’s youth party DAP-DNFK inside the Theological…