Gov’t examines seven scenarios on pension cuts
The Ministry of Labor examines seven alternative scenarios on pension and benefit cuts in order to persuaded the representatives of the institutions to return to Athens.
Government sources admit that there is a difference in fiscal gap with the IMF, but they are optimistic that they will reach an agreement, if Greece implements pension cuts.
The seven scenarios are the following:
1. Primary pensions cuts
2. Cuts in new pensions, but also in those already paid via recalculation
3. Reducing the maximum ceiling for the total amount of pensions (double main pensions + widow’s pension +supplementary pension) from 3,000, as Katrougalos law provided, to 2,300-2,500 euros.
4. Reducing the national pension of 384 euros to 320 euros
5. Supplementary pensions cuts
6. Reducing lump-sum up to 20%
7. Reducing dividends of the Civil Servants Share Fund received by 280,000 beneficiaries
You may be interested
African heatwave to hit Greece from ThursdayPanos - Jun 26, 2017
Greece is bracing itself for an African heatwave starting from Thursday, when temperatures are expected to reach over 42-43 degrees…
Bloomberg: Can an Ancient Greek Win America’s Wars?Panos - Jun 26, 2017
It’s been a scorching week in Washington, what with daily revelations about Russian hacking, the Senate stumbling its way to…
Moscovici: Agreement is good, but a few more measures are needed…”Panos - Jun 26, 2017
In an interview to Thema newspaper, the European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs Pierre Moscovici said there were still…