Gov’t examines seven scenarios on pension cuts
The Ministry of Labor examines seven alternative scenarios on pension and benefit cuts in order to persuaded the representatives of the institutions to return to Athens.
Government sources admit that there is a difference in fiscal gap with the IMF, but they are optimistic that they will reach an agreement, if Greece implements pension cuts.
The seven scenarios are the following:
1. Primary pensions cuts
2. Cuts in new pensions, but also in those already paid via recalculation
3. Reducing the maximum ceiling for the total amount of pensions (double main pensions + widow’s pension +supplementary pension) from 3,000, as Katrougalos law provided, to 2,300-2,500 euros.
4. Reducing the national pension of 384 euros to 320 euros
5. Supplementary pensions cuts
6. Reducing lump-sum up to 20%
7. Reducing dividends of the Civil Servants Share Fund received by 280,000 beneficiaries
You may be interested
Greek President reiterates call for German WWII reparationsmakis - Aug 17, 2017
Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos renewed the demand for war reparations from Germany owed to Greece from the time when the…
Man who rented van in Barcelona terrorist attackmakis - Aug 17, 2017
A photo of a man who reportedly rented the white van that plowed into people in Barcelona in a terroristb…
A Greek woman and her 2 children among injured in Barcelona terrorist attackmakis - Aug 17, 2017
A Greek woman and her two children are among those injured in the terrorist attack in Barcelona on Thursday, according…