Gov’t examines seven scenarios on pension cuts
The Ministry of Labor examines seven alternative scenarios on pension and benefit cuts in order to persuaded the representatives of the institutions to return to Athens.
Government sources admit that there is a difference in fiscal gap with the IMF, but they are optimistic that they will reach an agreement, if Greece implements pension cuts.
The seven scenarios are the following:
1. Primary pensions cuts
2. Cuts in new pensions, but also in those already paid via recalculation
3. Reducing the maximum ceiling for the total amount of pensions (double main pensions + widow’s pension +supplementary pension) from 3,000, as Katrougalos law provided, to 2,300-2,500 euros.
4. Reducing the national pension of 384 euros to 320 euros
5. Supplementary pensions cuts
6. Reducing lump-sum up to 20%
7. Reducing dividends of the Civil Servants Share Fund received by 280,000 beneficiaries
You may be interested
What is included in the F-16 deal between Greece and the USmakis - Oct 18, 2017
The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) released details on the deal for the upgrading of Greece’s F-16 fighter jet fleet…
Only 23% Greeks see economic growth in EU, survey showsmakis - Oct 18, 2017
According to a European Parliament survey, Greeks are skeptical about joining the EU and its benefits, with only 23% believing…
Amazing footage of live fire exercise of the Greek Army!makis - Oct 18, 2017
The Hellenic Army released a video of just one of its military activities. The live fire exercise was conducted in…