FinMin Tsakalotos to have meetings with European counterparts
Finance Minister Euclid Tsakalotos will have a series of contacts with European counterparts, including German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble, over the next few days. They will discuss the course of the Greek program in view of the first evaluation as well as the issue of Greek debt, the debate on which will begin after the conclusion of the evaluation by the institutions.
The Minister’s schedule is as follows:
• Friday, January 8, 2016 / Rome / Pier Carlo Padoan, Italy’s Finance Minister.
• Saturday, January 9, 2016 / Lisbon / Mario Centeno, Finance Minister of Portugal.
• Sunday, January 10, 2016 / Paris / Michel Sapen, Finance Minister of France.
• Monday, January 11, 2016 / Helsinki / Alexander Stubb, Finland’s Finance Minister.
• Tuesday, January 12, 2016 / Amsterdam / Jeroen Dijsselbloem, Dutch Finance Minister and President of the Eurogroup.
• Wednesday, January 13, 2016 / Berlin / Wolfgang Schaeuble, Germany’s Finance Minister.
You may be interested
EU Poll: Greeks overwhelmingly convinced of widespread corruptionmakis - Dec 12, 2017
Corruption in Greece is an ongoing political issue, that has been debated to death over the past 35 years. Now…
Turkish PM Yildirim escalates rhetoric against Greecemakis - Dec 12, 2017
Two days before his arrival in Greece, Turkish PM Binali Yildirim directly disputed the current Status Quo in the Aegean…
One in three Greeks unable to afford basic material goodsmakis - Dec 12, 2017
One in three Greeks or 32% in 2016 were unable to enjoy basic material goods and social benefits, according to…