Brussels remains on highest terror alert
Brussels will remain on the highest level of terror alert, Belgium’s Prime Minister Charles Michel ha ssaid. Universities, schools and the city’s metro system will also remain shut.
Brussels has been on lockdown all weekend amid a manhunt for Abdeslam, who is suspected of being among the assailants who killed 130 people in Paris on Friday.
Meanwhile, Belgian police have made 16 arrests in anti-terror raids, though suspected Paris attacks gunman Salah Abdeslam remains at large, the authorities have said.
A total of 22 raids were carried out on Sunday across Brussels and Charleroi, the Belgian prosecutor told a news conference.
Police fired two shots at a car during an operation in Molenbeek, injuring one suspect who was later arrested.
More than 130 people died and some 350 were injured in the attacks in Paris.
No weapons or explosives were found during the searches on Sunday.
You may be interested
Nearly 1,500 refugees passed into Greece in Augustmakis - Aug 18, 2017
The number of refugees and illegal migrants that have landed in the Greek islands of the northern Aegean Sea have…
Father arrested after prostituting daughter for 5 eurosmakis - Aug 18, 2017
A father was detained by police after it was revealed that he had been allegedly prostituting his 14-year-old girl on…