Death toll at 10 in latest migrant tragedy

30 October 2015
95 Views

The death toll from the boat that capsized off the north coast of Lesvos on Wednesday carrying hundreds of refugees and migrants has risen to ten, authorities said, as the search operation continued on Thursday.

Coast Guard officials have so far rescued 242 people but the total number of those aboard the vessel is still unknown. So far, four children and three adults were found dead, while another girl died in hospital.

Another 15 children are hospitalised in the town of Mytilene and three more were transferred with a C130 to a hospital in Athens.

You may be interested

Turkish deputy-Prime Minister accuses Greece of oppressing religious minorities in latest Turkish tirade against Greece
GREECE
shares59 views
GREECE
shares59 views

Turkish deputy-Prime Minister accuses Greece of oppressing religious minorities in latest Turkish tirade against Greece

makis - Nov 17, 2017

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag accused Greece of imprisoning Muslim Imams, despite the country being a member of the…

Greek PM says country would rely on itself to face flood disaster
POLITICS
shares78 views
POLITICS
shares78 views

Greek PM says country would rely on itself to face flood disaster

makis - Nov 17, 2017

Greek PM Alexis Tsipras thanked European countries for offering to help after the flash floods in western Attica, Wednesday, which…

US meteorologist explains deadly storm that flooded Greek towns
GREECE
shares99 views
GREECE
shares99 views

US meteorologist explains deadly storm that flooded Greek towns

makis - Nov 17, 2017

“When the Atlantic hurricane season begins to quiet down in late October and November, it’s time to cast an eye…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.